My workouts

Saturday, March 17, 2007

43 Mile week

Just topped off my 2nd ever 43 mile week, and you know what? I feel pretty darn good. I will be feeling it a bit on tomorrow’s 14 mile run I bet… but all in all… I am very happy. My old legs are not failing me yet. My knee though… ;) It is actually hanging in there too. I have taken to ice baths after long runs and icing after every run, and it is doing OK. Definitely better than before. It is almost to the point where I don’t have to limp after running. My main goal… not to injure myself between now and the marathon!

Endurance wise I think I will be OK. My speed will not be where I wish it was for my first… but hey… the main goal should just be finishing… and finish I will if I can make it to the starting line.

Today was just a wonderful day. Sunny and 70. It is very much like the whether (well, not as hot) way back last summer when I started running. I ran straight through Summer, Fall, Winter… and now I am breaking through into the nice weather again. It seems so tremendously long ago that I started running. I can’t believe my first marathon will be over in a short month and a half.

1 comment:

Faithful Soles said...

Great job on the second 43 mile week ever. It's always cool when you can duplicate something that is the best you have done to date. I enjoyed reading through the rest of your blog. Sounds to me like you have your goals all set and are staying pretty focused.

If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. Thanks again and good luck on your training.