My workouts

Friday, February 01, 2008

Dreaming about running

Recently I have been dreaming about running… you know… a glorious run through Springtime air, spotlit by golden rays or sunshine… not a care in the world… on autopilot… just one finely tuned human machine fast forwarding through the world on the wings of a gentle breeze. Then I wake up however, to the reality that I have not ran a step in over two weeks. Yuck.

No… I am not injured… I just was very busy, lost some motivation and one missed run turned to two… then three… then two weeks. I did at some point make a mental shift and decide that family is more important than running… and running during dinner 3 nights a week in the cold rain was more than I was willing to tolerate. I do miss running though, and am scheming about ways to get it back in my life.

Plan #1, I find a golden stopwatch to freeze time. Ok, plan #2, for my weekday runs… I run… AT LUNCH. Ok Ok… so there is a bit of a problem about how to fit consuming some food AND a 1.5 hour run into just one hour, but it is a start. We have a shower at work here. I could come in early too, thus avoiding running in the dark. This plan has some legs! Now I just need to get my legs… back out there and on the street.

3 comments:

David H. said...

what about just waking up earlier and doing it in the morning?

Runtime said...

The is a good idea David... and in the summer I will probably do it... but right now I am tired of running in the cold and dark.

runliarun said...

Oh, lunch would work if you have 1.5 hours. You can get in 3-4 miles, a shower, and some food without problems. Provided you don't have to go too far for the food. If there is a will, there is a way. Well... most of the time.