My workouts

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Where did my mojo go go?

We have had some great weather around these parts. Time to get out in your yard and start getting it cleaned up for Spring weather. Of course, that kind of weather is good for running too. =)

I haven’t been running much lately. 3-4 times a week at just 2.5 miles per run. Most of the time I run at lunch at work. Every run for the past month has been faster than the previous, but I am still slow. My mojo must have bleed out.

My goal at this point… is to run my 2.4 mile loop in under 7 minutes per mile. Goal #2, is to run one mile in under 6 minutes. By the end of the summer I want to PR a 5K and a 10k. Those seem like reasonable goals for now.
Soon I will be able to run Iinthe morning once again. Oh who am I kidding… I could do that now if my mojo wasn’t gone.

3 comments:

Sub said...

Hey. Yeah - the weather has been great here too. Warm and dry...

Sure. Do send me a link to the reqs. I am not sure I want to leave MS now but one never knows...

Phil said...

Mojo comes ... mojo goes. It's spring time, the weather is great (at least it is in Oregon). I think you may be getting your head wrapped around running "fast" instead of just running. Load some new tunes on your iPod, take off your watch and garmin and go out for a long SLOW run. Get back in touch with what made makes want to do this in the first place.

Your wayward mojo will come rushing home.

runliarun said...

It's May now, so... hmmm... your mojo went far away...