My workouts

Monday, August 18, 2008

Ad hoc 10K race

8/15
I think I will run 10k race tomorrow. No… I haven’t trained for it… and yes… I will probably be hurting afterwards… but it has just been too long since I have raced. My PR for a 10K is 7:42… but I haven’t ran one in a long time and my ½ marathon pace is only a few seconds slower. Still… I haven’t been running enough lately to try to break a PR right now. Between 8:15 – 8:30 is probably about right… who knows… maybe even slower. I am just not in shape yet. In about a month I think there is another 10K that I will try to PR in.

After race 8/18

That was nice and humbling. I trotted along at a meager 8:36… just two seconds faster than I ran a whole marathon. =) Since I haven’t run with a watch on in months… I haven’t really known what pace I was running… but I knew it was slow. With my lack of being in shape and the heat (it was near 80 even though the race was at 8:15 AM) I didn’t plan to push myself. I just wanted to get out there and start again… and that I did.

I also exceeded 20 miles running in a week for the first time since I stopped training for Eugene. This week should be about the same… but since I am not on a set schedule yet… I don’t really know. Which reminds me… I need to make a schedule.

In two weeks there is the ORRC Wildwood Trail run… another 10K that I think I will also run… hopefully around 8 minutes per mile by then… and the on Sep 13 is the Oktoberfest 10K. (Why do they have Octoberfest in September?) If I haven’t PR’d at 10K I will try to here. Then on October 11th is a 15K at Blue Lake. Then it is heads down training for Seattle if I want to be able to run it.

No comments: