My workouts

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Too many shoes

I have never been a shoe guy... but it just occurred to me… I have too many shoes. Just a few pairs is all I used to have. But now that I am running… I have found myself with a mountain of shoes. Perfectly natural for a runner I suppose… we go through a lot of shoes… but now I have 4 pairs of active shoes that I am running in.

I have my road shoes at home… and then an identical pair for road running at the beach. Then at the beach I also have a pair of shoes I run on the beach with… and a pair of trail running shoes for the hills. But those are just for running.
Then I have two pairs of work shows (of course) a pair of old running shoes I use on walks to the beach… a pair of old running shoes I mow the lawn in… I have soccer and softball cleats, I have a pair of indoor basketball shoes, and a pair of outdoor ones. I also have a pair of court shoes (for like racquetball). Then I have a couple of pairs of dress shoes… snow boots and I haven’t even started on the shoes I just wear around on a typical day!

How did this happen? Whatever happened to the days when a pair of converse was all you needed?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG.!! You have so much pair of shoes.