My workouts

Sunday, May 10, 2009

22 Miles and ready for Newport

Finished my last 20+ mile run before Newport (22 miles). Not full taper time… but long run taper. I ran the same route I did a few weeks ago, so it was pretty uneventful. Just added an extra half mile to an out and back part to get from 21 to 22.

Last Sunday was the Eugene marathon… and though I didn’t run it… I did consider a last minute entry. Lisa gave me the stinkeye at that suggestion though… so I decided to forget it. Running does take a lot of time from the family… and I do appreciate all the support I get, but it is best not to push it.

After Newport Marathon I will focus on speed and shorter distances for a bit. Maybe I can PR a 10K and Half marathon this year. I won’t come anywhere close to a PR at Newport… but if I can avoid hitting the wall I should be able to beat my Portland marathon time.

No comments: