My workouts

Thursday, August 02, 2007

8 mile redemption

After laying such a goose egg on Sunday, I really wanted to bounce back and have a good run today. The batteries went dead in my GPS on Tuesday so I am not really sure how I did on my intervals. Today was an 8 mile long tempo run. The pace I was supposed to keep was 8:03. Besides my warmup and cooldown laps, my miles were:
8:02
8:02
8:01
8:01
8:00
7:57

Yes! I am back. I don’t know why or how the running Gods dish out good days and bad days, but I sure do like the good ones. Here again… is my quandary though. Because I want my marathon pace to be such a stretch from my last one, my 13 mile run on Sunday (yeah a short one!) is supposed to be at PMP + 15. My BQ is 7:39 + 15 = 7:54. ARGH! My long run is FASTER than my long temp run! May the powers of Pre help me.

1 comment:

runliarun said...

You have this amazing capacity of doing well at the end. For the rest, don't only listen to the gods of running. Talk to them: state your intent.