My workouts

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Easy week

This week is a recovery week. I liked how my first marathon training schedule had 3 weeks and then a rest week. I am still running… just at reduced mileage.

Fall is here. When I was walking under a tree today the wind picked up and tiny leaves spilled to the ground like a shower turned on. The air is starting to get cool and crisp. Perfect for running. I haven’t seen the fog from my breath yet… but it will be there soon.

This weekend it is supposed to be windy at the beach where I have two runs planned. Gusts up to 55 mph. Bring it on… that is all I can say. I may regret that… but some windy rainy runs can help build character.

I am currently running on my last pair of shoes. Given a marathon is coming up in November; I need to get some more like real quick. I am currently running on Nike Air Max 360s. They have been pretty good to me so far… and I think I am on my 4th pair. No real hot spots at all and my knees ankles etc… feel pretty good. BUT… they are expensive… and with the money we just spent on the beach house… I know the look I will get from my wife when I tell her I need to buy more shoes (like 4 pair). =(

I do have friends that work at Nike (comes from living next to Nike work headquarters) so maybe they can help me out. If I don’t switch models I don’t have a problem with buying multiple pairs. If I go with something new… I will just buy one pair. I see the Saucany Pro Grid 5 has some good reviews.

No comments: