My workouts

Friday, October 31, 2008

Fall is my soul

Fall is a beautiful time to run. The temperature is ideal and the scenery is picturesque. There is such a quite beauty lurking I the cool air. In a way… it is a firework exploding in color after the journey up through summer… quickly fading and tumbling from glory.

When running in Fall… runners become smokers with their breath trailing behind. When you stop… the perspiration wafts up like someone who just walked out of a fire. I am amazed at how good I can feel even when the temperature is low. Wind or rain can ruin the parade… but bring on the cold.

There are a million of excuses to keep you from running… and I have been through a lot of them. Let me list the ones I’ve used recently.

• Forgot running shorts.
• Forgot socks.
• Rainy.
• Too busy at work.
• Need to spend time with family.
• Disappointed I am no longer training for marathon.
• Too tired to get up early enough.
• Too dark.
• Don’t have gym membership.

And then of course… the run I almost missed because I dropped my shoe in the toilet. (Twice actually… I grabbed it once and there was so much water in the heal I dropped it right back) There are probably others. Give me a day… I will come up with something new. When I do get out and run… I very much enjoy it. I feel better and it takes care of stress. Time to get out there and enjoy the weather.

No comments: