My workouts

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Increasing my search radius

As I got ready to head out for my run yesterday, my wife made the comment that she didn't think I would be coming back. Now, it isn't that unusual for her to try to get my route if I am planning a longer run. Many times I tell her where I am running, and when I should be back so she can bring me a stretcher if I don't return. =)

But on this case... she implied that I was headed on a one-way run. To which I replied, that if she had to search for me, the search radius would be rather small. 4.3 miles is my longest run this year... far cry from years ago... but it is a start.

Part of what I like about running is it is very approachable. Anyone can do it,  you don't need special equipment or training. However... you do have to put a lot of effort to get from here to there... from Mile to Marathon... you can't phone that in. If just starting, you have to take baby steps, but you do see the improvement.

No comments: