My workouts

Thursday, March 21, 2013

I am running again


I am running again. No really, and I can’t hardly believe it myself. I hit 17 miles for the last week and then started off this week with a six miler.

The route I choose was a very familiar one for me, one that I ran many many times during my marathon training. To the bridge and back I call it in my mind. Out along the boulevard, through the tunnel under the road, past the lakes by the library and to a bridge that marked the 3 mile point from home.

On that bridge, one second going one way, and then next moment another… is much like the moment I stopped running. I didn’t plan it, it just happened and day slipped by like cards in a deck before I realized how far in the wrong direction I traveled. Heading back to that bridge and turning around is a milestone for me.

Where am I heading now? I don’t know. I don’t know why, but I like it.

No comments: