My workouts

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Treadmill Tuesday

I actually ran on a treadmill yesterday. Six miles. I had to force myself NOT to look down at the mileage more than once per song on my IPod. Otherwise… time stands still even more that it seems to when on the treadmill. I think perhaps the motion of the tread in the tight circle warps the fabric of the time-space continuum causing time to proceed slower when running on a treadmill. Over all though… it wasn’t TOO bad. Better than running in the cold rain. I may run on the treadmill on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s. I am running in the dark part of the time right now… and on some pretty narrow roads… with dark clothing. I don’t really have a death wish… just haven’t had time to get anything reflective.

My knee is finally starting to feel a little better. Maybe it was my shoes wearing down after all. I sure hope so. The knee cap still kind pops out a little after a run, not painful, the pain I think is from it doing that repeatedly on the run. Maybe I should wear something to help hold it in place when running. That would be a mess to keep clean though.

I am currently 499 miles into my marathon training!!! My schedule calls for at least 1000. I can’t believe I am half way there! AND I have survived two weeks on the big boy marathon training schedule. I am scheduled for 36 miles this week after 34 last. My knee problems really kicked in after my 39 mile week a month ago… so fingers crossed that everything holds up.

I bought Nike shoes that take a sensor that communicates with my IPod somehow. Probably something like ‘ouch ouch ouch… this guy weights too much… can you believe how slow he is running?’ or something like that. Actually… it is supposed to track you miles and pace somehow. I really an not sure how… I guess the sensor fires on the foot strikes… but how to they now how long your stride is? The sensor is only 25 bucks or so… and being the computer geek I am I will have to try it out. I usually don’t run with my IPod outside… but I will have to try it.

No comments: