My workouts

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Before the 20 miler

This weekend is my first 20 mile run. Twenty miles! I am excited, but part of me is dreading it at the same time. Three hours is a long time to run. *Sigh* I am up for the challenge though. Heck... it is only two measly miles past 18... really just one more mile out and back. No problem.

I have only two runs longer before the marathon... a 21 miler in March... and a 22-23 miler in the first week of April. The 22-23 miles cracks me up... what... do I get to choose 22 or 23 miles? =) Or does it mean... *between* 22 and 23... like for instance... 22.01 is between 22 and 23. =)

Things are going to move very fast between now and the marathon.

I'm thinking about downloading an E-book to listen to on my long run. Couldn't hurt. Worth a shot. Keeping my mind occupied for that long is by far the most challenging aspect of my long runs. I can't imagine what ultra-marathoners go through. They say the body follows the mind... but I really don't mind my mind drifting off into la-la land while I am running. It happens a lot. Or I daydream. Most of the time though, I just sort of turn my autopilot on and zone out. Yesterday I missed my turn-around point and ran too far. Somehow I missed the 'Halfway point'announcement on my IPod.

No comments: