My workouts

Monday, February 05, 2007

It's official

I just registered for the Eugene Marathon on Apr 29th. For some weird reason I have butterflies already. There was a freaky shiver that crawled its way up the back of my neck as I submitted my registration. Eighty two days from now it will be all over. Over 1000 miles of training… through hurricane like storms, wonderful morning sunrises, the crashing of oceans waves on the Oregon coast, a long lonely runs from Champoeg campground, and at Pine Hallow on the other side of Mt. Hood, and of course, the multitude of times running next to and around the Hillsboro Airport… and 82 days from now it will be done.

My wife just asked me if I was more nervous about getting married. Truth is… I was much more sure about our marriage than I am about my ability to run a marathon. That is a good think for our marriage I think. =)

I am 100% caffeine free now. Gave up coffee, which is a big deal for me. I work at a job where I really need to be mentally sharp and focuses, and caffeine really helped in that department. All part of the master plan though.

Sunday was another 18 mile run, just my second so far. It was a bit easier than the first, but not tremendously. My time was actually a minute slower, but last time I had more rest. This time was at the end of what I called ‘the storm’ before. Three weeks with long runs of 14, 16, then 18 all at around 40 miles per week. I still have a 6-8-6 on T-W-TH and then 5 on Saturday before I get a rest week. Well deserved I think.

I think my Nike Air 180’s are flat. I think I only have 375 miles on them… but they are goners. I compared the ‘airness’ to another pair I have in the closet and sure enough… seriously lacking some rarified air. I was really hopping to get 500 miles from them. Maybe winter took its toll. There was certainly a lot of bad weather running (and more to come I am sure) Rats… running can be expensive in the shoe budget department.

1 comment:

Jason The Running Man said...

Great blog, found you off CRN.