My workouts

Monday, November 12, 2007

You might be a marathon runner if…

• You have looked off the ledge of a curb like it was the Grand Canyon.
• You put ice in your baths.
• You know what body glide is, and have experienced the pain of forgetting to use it.
• You have at least 3 sports caps that smell like dead things.
• You know what it is like to be too tired to cry.
• You have piles of running shoes that are worn out, but look to be in pretty good condition.
• You don’t have any cotton socks.
• You’ve had at least one blister in a blister in a blister.
• You arms get tired of you running.
• You can drive by someone at 45 miles per hour and know exactly what pace they are running at.
• You carry a water bottle with you at all times.
• You’ve paid $20 for a pair of underwear and thought it was well worth it.

Just finished a measly 20 mile week. 5-5-3-7. I am not officially training for anything yet… just keeping a minimal base up. This week will be 25… then the next a will start a monster 22 week cycle that starts at 30 miles per week and peaks at 55. Yep… the Pfitzinger 22-55 plan. I think 22 weeks is a bit long for a marathon training cycle (unless it includes the base building) but since I will be spanning the holiday season… I want the flexibility of skipping a run if I need to.
Grats to David H who just completed his first marathon!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Blisters on blisters...oooow. Love the list and looking forward to one day understanding what it's like to be in those shoes. :)

David H. said...

Thanks for the link to my blog! I think I've experience everything you mentioned except, surprisingly, not getting blisters. Just soreness. Not sure what the magic touch is to avoiding them, but I'll let you know if I figure it out.

runliarun said...

Hmmmm... according to this, I am not likely to be a marathoner.