My workouts

Monday, December 17, 2007

2007 Year in Review

The numbers
By the end of this year I will have ran over 1600 miles. That is quite a leap compared to my 625 miles the previous year. At my pace… that is probably over 250 hours of running… or just under two weeks of running every waking hour. My feet have hit the pavement in my running shoes over 3 million times this year.
Fastest mile: 6:35
Slowest mile: 13:21 (Last mile at Portland Marathon)
Longest run: 26.2 Miles
Longest training run: 23 miles
Shortest run: 1 mile (time trial)
Number of times I had to run into the bushes to relieve myself during a long run: 2
Races completed: 5
Marathon’s completed: 2
Major injuries: 0
Falls: 0
Near falls: 2
Number of times I was almost hit by a car: Too many to count.
Pairs of running shoes used: currently on 5th
Runs 15 miles and over in length: 18
Number of times I was honked at or yelled at while running: ~15

The marathons
Eugene
Portland

The future
After gazing into my crystal ball… I see… wha? I see…. Myself? I see myself staring at myself staring into a crystal ball? Oh wait… let me turn in on. Nope… still nothing. I can’t see my running future. I will try to keep on my current training schedule and run the Eugene marathon… though even that could be cancelled if baby decides to come early. I won’t be running Boston in 2008 (haven’t qualified). I will probably be too tied to home to get to prance off to any out of state marathons. I do plan to keep running though...it has become a part of me… but for the first time… I am not exactly sure where it will take me. It will be fun to find out though.

1 comment:

David H. said...

A great way to look at the year. Happy running in '08!!