My workouts

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Back to the beginning

In March of 2005 I ran one of my first races of my adult life… the Shamrock 8K. I don’t remember why I ran it. I think I was doing more mountain biking at the time… and a friend at work might have wanted me to run it with him (and then backed out after I signed up).

Anyway… my pace for that run was 8:43. About two years later I ran my first marathon at a faster pace per mile. This weekend I will visit Shamrock land again… but this time I will run the 15K. My legs are still a little tired from Lincoln City… and I haven’t had any great workouts yet, but hopefully I will do OK.

Back then… I hadn’t even started dreaming of running a marathon. Are you kidding me? Five miles was a stretch. Not long before that one mile was something to brag about. Not long before that running from the parking lot to the grocery store door made me winded. Marathon? Crazy talk.

Just finished my training schedule through Newport marathon. I’m using a beginner schedule I just sorta made up. Hey… last year I ran 0 marathons. Weekly totals with long run are 30-10, 36-12, 38-14, 40-18, 22-7, 43-21, 38-14, 24-8, 45-22, 30-14.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Good luck with you race this weekend! And happy early St Pats...to ya! :)