My workouts

Sunday, August 06, 2006

And so it begins

I am going to run a marathon. Twenty six point two miles. Why? I don’t really know. Midlife crisis? Maybe… maybe. I suppose I really should have a reason… a GREAT reason really… to go though that torture. My wife thinks I am crazy. I say… in this world, you have to be crazy to be sane. I guess the biggest reason I am going to run a marathon is because I put it on a list of things I wanted to do before died, and at 40, I know it isn’t getting any easier.

I have been running for a few months to train already, but I am hardly a runner. A few months ago running a mile twice a week on the treadmill at the gym was the most punishment my legs could take. This morning I completed 6 miles, and I still feel pretty good.

If figure if you are reading this… you fit into one of three categories.
1) You are a runner… a real runner… the kind that fly by me like I am standing still, or that I see heading back on the other side of the road in an out and back race when I am still at the ¼ mark.
2) You are interested in becoming a runner. To that… I say… go for it! To say that anyone can run a marathon may diminish the achievement a bit, but anyone really can. I was not running AT ALL less than 6 months ago.
3) You get some sick pleasure in seeing lemmings jump off a cliff. Probably were an Ant Bully or perhaps are a mental health physical trying to make sense of this madness.

Regardless… welcome… I am glad you stopped by. I will share the advice I have collected along my way… and please share yours with me.

And so it begins.

No comments: