My workouts

Monday, August 07, 2006

Rest

Today was a day off from running, but for some bizarre reason I was thinking about running. My wife just caught me drooling over a Nike Shoe add. Hey… if I’m going to get caught drooling over something on the Internet… best it be shoes I think.

Right now Monday’s and Friday’s appear to be my off days. This Sunday I will run in a 10K, so I might reorganize the schedule a bit to not run as far on Saturday. I just received the photos from my last 10K, the LiveStrong Challenge. (http://www.livestrongchallenge.org/) and I must admit… I look like I need to do a lot more running. Hey… I am just starting… I can’t expect to be lean and mean like most of the runners out there. I definitely looked like I needed an oxygen mask at the end of the race though. I think maybe race photos are just a bad idea, period.

I talked to a friend at work about running during lunch. That would give me a bit more time after work… as I can’t run in the morning since I work at 6 am and it is an hour commute. It would be nice to have a running partner that will push me a bit. John is certainly in better shape and a better runner. He beat me by 20 seconds or so on the last 8K we ran together. I’m in better shape now, but he has been running for longer than I have.

I think tomorrow is a simple 3 miler. I don’t think I have finished 3 miles in less than 24 minutes yet… so I think that will be my goal. I haven’t tried to be too worried about time yet… I figure it is best to just not hurt myself. But still… it is a bit embarrassing to be passed by an 8 year old girl in a fairy costume like I was in a race a year or so ago. Oh to be young and 45 pounds again. =)

No comments: