My workouts

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Chris Carr's Blog

No running partner today… just me and 4 miles. Ran an easy pace 8:50. It was a bit hot for running… around 80, but the heat really didn’t bother me. I soak my hat with water before I head out and that keeps me cool for most of the run.

I am discovered the wonders of running with synthetic fabric… much preferred to cotton. Cotton is rotten is what I remember reading in Chris Carr’s Blog. (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/marathon/?p=101) Chris works for a newspaper and decided to keep a Blog of his marathon training efforts. I am not copying Chris. I swear! OK… maybe I am, but honestly… no non-runners want to hear anything about running… so I am using this as my outlet so to speak. I might have even copied that from Chris. =) Anyway… check out his Blog… pretty cool.

I feel some shin splints coming on. I have been lucky to avoid them so far… but now two months into training and they are starting to be a problem. Hopefully it won’t slow me down though.

No comments: