My workouts

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Eight seconds shy

I tried to hit the 24 minute mark for 3 miles but came up 8 seconds short. I really felt I was pushing it… but alas… it was not meant to be. I think my times from a few weeks ago may have been wrong because I felt I ran quite a bit harder for just a few seconds. Perhaps my first mile was too fast and I lost it at the end. Or maybe… I forgot to hit the stop button on the watch at a red light. Doesn’t matter… there will be another day… and soon that 8 minute mark will be history… and the 7 minute mark will be in my… um… well… my dreams.

After finishing the run I dunked my head in the sink, stretched a bit and then collapsed in my familiar spot under the ceiling fan in the living room. (Yes… I threw a towel down first) My cat Boo always joins me in my post run comatose, getting his love tanks filled. Sometimes it gets very hard to get up after watching the hypnotic fan go round and round and round and round.

I will be sore tomorrow I bet.

No comments: