My workouts

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A new personal best

I finished a 4 miles run today at a pace of 7:46. Big deal you say… well one month ago my 4 mile pace was 9:13! Now, I admit that I was really pushing it… but I also have a cold and did not feel like running at all. Oh, and I skipped dinner because I knew I had to run. I thought I’d just try for under 8, and not be too upset if I couldn’t reach it since I wasn’t feeling that well. I am very happy. Just one short month ago I couldn’t run a mile at that pace! I think I am starting to like this running thing. =)

I guess it is time to admit that my stretch marathon goal is 4 hours. I know I shouldn’t be setting a goal yet, and I know not having completed a marathon, I shouldn’t be setting such a lofty goal, especially for a 40 year old, but darn it… I am just going to throw it out there. My realistic goal will be 4:20… and yeah… I will be happy if I just finish upright.

Man I am tired. =(

No comments: