My workouts

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Easy run

Today was one of those runs that just felt effortless. One of the few. =) I was planning on an easy 8:45 pace, but instead ran the 5 miles at 8:30, and hardly broke a sweat. Either I am getting a bit more used to running, or I ate my Wheaties this morning.

My wife hinted I was obsessing a bit much about running. I don’t really agree… I have only run 3 10K’s all summer. I typically dive head first into most of my endeavors, so I wouldn’t imagine running would be any different. I have tried to ease her mind that 1) I am not crazy and 2) I do not want to be one of those extreme runners who run 100 miles in a day. She is still eyeing me suspiciously though.

Really… I am just at the very beginning of my running journey. I figure I will cover 1000 miles training for the Eugene marathon, of which I have only covered about 250 so far. I haven’t really lost any weight; though I am sure I leaned out a bit. I still eat like crap, but I am working on it slowly. I have a physical today so I will find out how my cholesterol and all that are doing. I feel as fit as a fiddle though.

No comments: