My workouts

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Mt Angel Octoberfest 10K

Oh who am I fooling… I bet a run a few more 10Ks before the marathon. I finished the Mt Angel 10K in 47:45 or thereabouts. Official times are not posted yet. I was camping at Champoeg before the race, and headed over to Mt Angel in the morning for the run. In my rush, I forgot my GPS watch. As my wife said, “isn’t that your main piece of equipment?” Um… yeah… well… for running. ;) Anyway, I planned on setting my watch for a 7:50 pace. As it turned out… I think I ran around at 7:41 pace. Maybe forgetting the watch was a good thing. =) I picked the 7:50 pace because it was still faster than my previous best, but would still leave enough gas in my tank to run the 8 miles I ran this morning. I’ll take 7:41 though.

The 8 miles this morning was a bit tough to start. I am always a bit ookie (for lack of a better non-word) when I get up in the morning while camping. Heading out for a run I felt like I needed some WD-40 on my joints to get me going. Once I was warmed up it was OK. Not as fun as most of my runs though… maybe the 10K the day before had something to do with that… or the camping… or perhaps the monster coffee drink my wife made me by the campfire. Regardless… it was a long 8 miles. Very peaceful though… nothing but miles and miles of farmland. My legs feel pretty good today considering.

No comments: