My workouts

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

So long 3 miles runs… I knew the well

I finished my last short run in my training schedule. All my runs from here on out are 4 or more. It’s actually been 3 weeks or so since I ran just 3 miles… but just for old times sake… ok… it was there on my ‘take it easy’ week one last time.

So do I just take a stole down memory lane and trot along at a comfortable clip? Well… about now that seems like it would have been a better choice, but nope… I ran just about as fast as I could… which ended up being 7:36 miles. Now before you laugh… these are MY miles… and this is MY pace… and you can’t really compare one to another. Well… you can… but it isn’t like apples and oranges. So if you are much faster than me… kudos to you! Really. And if not… whoop-te-do… so what. Your pace is the perfect pace for you, and mine… is well… too fast for me right now. =) There is age to take into account, training level/time, body type, weight, past injuries and heck, some people were just born to run.

Me on the other hand, I was born to take naps. I am a nap expert. If there were nap Olympics, I bet I might be able to qualify for the US team. No… I don’t get to take naps much anymore… very rarely in fact, but when I do! OH YEAH… I am a sacrifice at the alter of the Z-Monster.

I have another 10K this weekend. Octoberfest run… which of course means maybe some beer afterwards. =) That might be interesting. I better be careful.

Keep running.

No comments: