My workouts

Monday, April 02, 2007

23 mile run

Yesterday was the longest run in my training so far... 23 miles, and I am officially tapering for the marathon! Well... not really. Not until after this week is complete... which will by the way... be my all-time high at 46 miles. I think I am injury free too! I am as good as at the starting line. Thank God.

There was at least one scary moment on the run. I was stretching against the back of my car after getting a drink at the 15-16 mile mark. I heard the screech of car tires and I jumped thinking I was about to get hit. When I realized I was in one piece, I turned around and there a car with smoke trailing the tires stopped partially in the road. (Busy road too) There was a man in the drivers seat and a women in the passengers seat looking at me. Once I regained my wits I walked over to the rolled down window because I figured they were trying to ask for directions or something."I thought you were pushing you car" the man said. I said nope... just going for a run or something like that and they drove off. Obviously they were just trying to help... albeit a bit strange they would think I was pushing my car in running gear, right up against a barrier. (I was park head first into a parking spot off the side of the road) At the very least… it pumped up my adrenalin for the start of my 3rd and final lap.

On my training plan, yesterday's run was 22-23 miles. So there… I could choose which to run. Originally I set my watch for 22 miles, figuring it would be best not to injure myself. But then after 22 miles, I set it for one more to reach 23. Why? Enjoying the pain too much I guess. Partially it is because my Ipod reached 23 miles before I turned it off because the calibration was a bit off… and I didn’t want that 23 mile run on my Ipod if I really only ran 22. So I ran the last mile. Or shuffled it. Old man shuffle I will call it.

Now I just have to get my legs warmed back up to move again, however unlikely that appears at the moment. Less than one month away!!! I can’t believe it. Here is something even MORE unbelievable. I am going to run the Boston Marathon someday too. I am going to RUIN it. =)

SEE
Why I want to ruin the Boston Marathon (October 15)

No comments: