My workouts

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bib # 1122

I just noticed that my bib number is 1122. Nice and easy to remember. Tomorrow just 4 short miles. I will head to the local high school to run on the track, where I will calibrate my iPod for the marathon... and run in my new shoes that I broke in a few months back and then put away. I won’t run with the headphones on, but I have been using the Nike+ website to log my miles. Right now my iPod is off by at least 5% on long runs… which really isn’t that much unless you are running 15+ miles, which can be over a mile off! LOL… good thing I have the GPS watch too… which is what I use to gauge my pace. I have a pretty good tune in on my pace naturally, but the GPS is reassuring. I don’t run a slave to the GPS like I used to… instead I let my body run fast when it feels like it. Sometimes I push it… but not too much, as I focused almost solely on endurance for this first one.

3 days and 11 hours left, not that I am counting. =)

1 comment:

Sub said...

Good luck to you too! Try to enjoy your first one. There'll be just 1 first marathon :)