My workouts

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I'm back!

Like the 6 million dollar man… I am rebuilt… better… faster stronger… bah da da da… Anyway…

I am back. Back from the most I have ever ran in one week… a whooping (for me) 32 miles. Not epic I know… but it is my personal high. The final run was coasting at 8:16 miles. I think I am finally recovered from my cold. I am not quite back to where I was a few weeks ago… but I am back… yes sir… I am BACK.

I ran in Manzanita on the Oregon coast last weekend. It is always nice to tread somewhere new, and while I did run there once this year, it is just cool to run at the beach. I didn’t run ON the beach, I did that way back in like 1900 when I ran the Seaside Half Marathon when I was a kid. Seaside doesn’t even have a half marathon now, and you can probably find no record of it unless perchance scratched on a cave wall somewhere.

Boy those were the running days. I was a skinny kid, like a feather and I could run and run and run without breaking a sweat. Looking back, it was ridiculous that running could have been that easy. Boy what I’d give for some of that back. =) I was never really that great of a runner. I did run cross country… but I think the best I ever did was 6th at a district meet. Perhaps they were just not running long enough for me. =)

My knees where a little sore running this past week. I don’t know if I am starting to get too many miles on my shoes, or whether it was just my longest week getting to me, but it is something I will watch. I don’t think it is an injury, just a blip on the radar. With my history of knee problems (torn meniscus), I am amazed I have been able to run so far without a hint of pain in my knees. I am taking glucosomine every day… so maybe there is something to it. If my knees are holding up… it must be darn near a miracle drug. =)

No comments: