My workouts

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Frisbee run

Another week… and my mojo is still with me. Sundays 14 mile run turned into just 7 though… as I made the mistake of thinking I could run and out and back to my house at 7 miles total… and then run it again. I did it that way because my son was riding his bike with me… and more than 7 miles would test his patience. My legs convinced me they were tired… and my brain just didn’t have the willpower to argue… and I just stopped at 7 miles.

To punish myself I ran my Tuesday morning run hard. (Ran to work) But then someone set up an Ultimate Frisbee game after work… that just happened to be at a field right by where I was running home… so I ran there and then played. My legs were pretty tired afterwards… and I didn’t drink enough water. I am feeling a little sluggish today.

Saturday I am running the Oktoberfest 10K. I don’t think I will be able to PR… which is kind of sad… but I haven’t been doing enough speedwork. I think 7:59 per mile might be about right. If my legs are feeling greet… maybe better… but they are pretty tired now. A 38 second per mile improvement over my recent 10K isn’t too bad though.

No comments: