My workouts

Monday, September 15, 2008

Running in a Postcard

I have never seen the sun rise over the ocean, and I probably never will. Being a west coaster, I get sunsets… not rises. I think I like it that way. Spring or fall… take your pick… sunrise… sunset… I am a melancholy sunsetter that loves fall.



It looks like I may be seeing a lot more sunsets over the ocean… because it appears the beach house dream might become a reality. Barring some very strange happenings… we should have our little beach getaway in October.

Of course… I have already been scouting for running routes… and it appears as though someone went ahead and provide plenty for me… packed with hills, green trees, the sea-fresh air and of course… the beach. If I want… I can run right down to the sand and up or down the beach as far as my legs will carry. Well… actually I’d bump into bays both North and South… but I can run for awhile.

To the north is Siletz Bay… then further south is Depot Bay… and a little further is Newport. Did I mention they went ahead and arranged a marathon for me there in Newport? =) Yep… you can bet the Newport marathon is on my running map for next year… nothing like running a marathon so close to our home away from home. Talk about a dream come true. Any direction I choose and I am running in a postcard.

No comments: